Back to Top -->

29 October 2013

Tourist Attractions.

Hi all! So I've officially been in California for 3 days. It was a crazy weekend- hence why I have not been able to document my SoCal adventures!

Thank-you to my tourist guide-boyfriend Mike, I am now able to say I have seen it all- and crossed some things off my California bucket list. We spent the weekend in Hollywood- or as Mike calls it, "Hollyweird". It was definitely a bit of a culture shock. We went to the House of Blues on Friday night for a Boyce Avenue concert! They put on a great set, and HOB is the perfect "intimate" concert venue. 

I played tourist on Saturday: Hollywood Walk of Fame, TCL Chinese Theater (and Forecourt ), Dolby Digital Theater, LACMA, The Grove, and the Hollywood Bowl.  It turned out to be a little much, just because of all the tourists, but I definitely think it's worth seeing once... 



Sunday afternoon proved to be quite interesting: if anyone has ever been to Venice Beach , you'll know what I mean. It sure made me appreciate once having a job. Venice is known for its skate and surf culture and you can definitely pick up on the unique culture-especially on the Boardwalk. Street vendors and local shops line Ocean Front walk, selling everything from T-shirts to handmade art and sandcastle sculptures. 

For now, I plan to stick closer to home, aka "The Beach" and explore the local and neighboring city downtowns. There's some great shops, restaurants, and of course, sandy beaches.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: