Back to Top -->

04 July 2014

Facials and Flight School.

I'm afraid to say I have broken my promise and I am afraid to say I'm sorry for the umpteenth time. Here it is, July 4th and I have yet to make any official "summer" posts. It always seems to be for me that the 4th of July marks the halfway point of summer. Summer's are supposed to be full of fun, but mine so far has been full of work and school. I enjoy being busy and I enjoy having money, so it generally all works out! 

However, I have had the last few days off and have been able to enjoy just a bit of sunshine. I started out with some pre-weekend pampering, courtesy of locally owned Denovo Medspa. I decided to treat myself to a microderm facial. An aesthetician uses a machine that is essentially a gentle version of a sandblaster to slough away dead skin. The results are amazing! Combine that with the amazing skincare line of Dermalogica, I've got amazing skin! I'm super excited to try some new products!

 Yesterday I followed the mighty Mississippi River on a day-trip to a quaint vineyard  Villa Bellezza, aptly nicknamed the "Mediterranean on the Mississippi"! 


 
Turns out, the Villa is one of several wineries along the Upper Mississippi River, between Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa, part of the Great River Road Wine Trail.  The trail is easily doable in a weekend, or long day trip.






Although I didn't do a full-on tour of the winery, I did get a chance to taste in the Villa's amazing tasting room. A flight is relatively inexpensive and you get to try 3 wines of your choice.  I'm more of a sweet white wine person, so I of course had to take home a bottle of Tavola 2011.  There are some great places for lunch nearby and the view of the river is certainly worth the drive. 
Stay tuned for Etsy shop updates! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: